9 Everage Street
Moonee Ponds VIC 3039
Phone: 03 9370 5000
Monday - Friday
9.00am - 6pm
What is Osteopathy?
Osteopathy is a form of hands on manual therapy that focuses on the treatment of the musculoskeletal system, including the muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and connective tissues.
Osteopaths recognize the important link between the structure of the body and the way it functions.
Using techniques such as joint mobilisation, massage, muscle resistance stretching and gentle manipulation, osteopaths can assist in restoring normal pain free movement and correct underlying dysfunction.
Conditions commonly treated by Osteopaths include:
• Spinal Pain - lower back pain -neck and upper back pain
• Headaches and migraine
• Sports injuries
• Joint and muscular pain/stiffness
• Postural and/or mobility problems
In Australia, Osteopaths are government registered practitioners who complete a 5 year university degree. They are primary healthcare practitioners and are trained to recognize conditions which require medical referral.
Philosophy of Osteopathy
• The body is a unit. If you have a problem in one part of the body it will affect other regions.
• The healing power of nature. Our bodies have all the things necessary for the recovery from disease and the maintenance of health. The role of the Osteopath is to enhance this inherent capacity for health.
• The somatic component of disease. The musculoskeletal system is is an integral part of total body.Alterations to the musculoskeltal system can affect total body health and the ability of the body to recover from injury and disease.
• Structure and function are interrelated. Osteopaths believe in the relationship between the structure of the body and the way it functions. The body's structure needs to be balanced so that it can function to its full capacity.
• The use of manipulative therapy. Manipulative therapy is used to restore the body's maximum functional capacity.
Make your appointment BOOK ONLINE today, otherwise by calling 9370 5000 and our friendly reception will book you in for the next available session.